Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been receiving some positive feedback from the “Police to Citizen” portal. I am sure it has been very informative.
I wanted to pass on a few things that should be of interest to you:
Our speed trailer has been down for a few weeks. We were receiving some inaccurate readings, so we sent it back to the manufacturer for repair. We want to make sure that we are giving you the most accurate information possible. I know that we have had some requests pending for some time, so please bear with us. I will let you know when it gets back.
Let me know if you need more NW signs in your neighborhood. I have a bunch in storage that I would like to get distributed!
There was a report of a white pickup truck that followed a 12 year old female yesterday in the area of Womack and Village Creek Drive. It was occupied by a white male that was staring at her and driving very slowly. Please remember to have your kids walk in groups, or escort them yourself. If they see something suspicious, have them call 911 with a good description.
There has been a report of another scam in the rental/real estate area. Please read below:
Wanted to alert you to a scam going around in the rental/real estate arena. Folks posing as home owners are copying material from true listing then listing them separately on another website. The prospective tenant/home owner reaches out to the listing and is engaged by this scam artist who tells them one of several stories. On the rental side, they indicate that money is not as important as finding a good person to take care of their home and they drop the rental amount by a few hundred dollars. The listing will be lavishly written, sometimes, telling the tenant the utilities are included, a computer is already set up with internet, the kitchen is full stocked with utencils, etc. In these cases it's easier to tell. Further, all you have to do is send the deposit to them, as they are now located overseas temporarily, and they will send you the keys and contract. Mind you, there are some very telling signs but sometimes there is not. I have learned that folks have even met the prospective buyers at the home, then tell them some story about how the key isn't working but if they are interested they will take the deposit check with them and will meet them later with the key.
Please be aware of a scam like this if you are selling or leasing a home!!
I have also seen an increase of thefts occurring from potential Craigslist buyers. If you decide to sell an item on this web-site, and agree to meet them, BE CAREFUL! We have had several thefts from unsuspecting sellers. The seller will meet the potential buyer in a populated place. The buyer will snatch the merchandise and flee the area.
Mike
Michael W. Carlson
Sergeant/PIO
Dunwoody Police Department