Friday, April 2, 2010

From a neighboring watch captain

I wanted to share some suspicious activity last night with you.

 

At 10:45 last night the doorbell rang.  Went to the door and it was a black woman around 5'6" and around 45 years old asking to speak to my girlfriend [name removed] who lives with me.  I questioned the lady about who she was and she said she grew up with [name removed].  My girlfriend is 28 so that meant this was a scam of some sort so I kept questioning the lady to get info.

 

She said her name was Alberta Jackson.  I told her no such person lived here and she asked me how long I'd been in the house.  I asked her who she got the information/address from and she said from her father.  I asked what his name was, she said Benjamin (his name is [not Benjamin]).  This meant she must have gone into the mailbox one day and picked out Stephanie's name earlier (as no mail in the box last night had her name on it).

 

I'm 6'5" 240 so I opened the door pretty aggressively and told the lady she needed to leave (or words to that affect).  Then I realized she was in a black SUV in the driveway (Toyota Forerunner I think) and there was another blue 4 door SUV/truck (Chevrolet/GMC) in the street.

 

She went to her SUV and pulled beside the other SUV and I heard a man talking to her (Something like "Let's go").  I stepped out on my porch, called 911, and made sure to be loud enough so they could here.  They left in the direction of Forest Springs and then towards Mt. Vernon.

 

Spoke to an officer last night who took down the statement and descriptions but wanted to share with you to be on the lookout.  I know it's been said before but call 911 first, I should have.