Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope everyone is doing well. We are beginning to wrap up our first Citizen’s Police Academy with two more classes to go. I have received some positive feedback, so I hope that is has been very informative. I still have several applications on my desk, so when I figure out the next set of dates, I will begin calling the applicants back.
I have attached some information for parents with young teens. Lt. Hegwood is starting a Collision Avoidance Class for beginning drivers. If you are interested, please contact him about the class.
Here is a list of entering autos throughout the city: 4701 Ashford Dunwoody Road(Laptop), Briarleigh Close(unlocked vehicle), Briarleigh Way(unlocked vehicle) and Chateau Drive(unlocked vehicle). Most of these occurred during nighttime hours.
We had a purse snatching at the Perimeter Mall Parking Deck. Suspect is a B/M with a multi-colored jacket and blue jean shorts. He was seen running towards MARTA. Detectives are working on the case. Remember to keep an eye on your surroundings at all times.
Our night shift caught two suspects entering autos at the Chateau of Dunwoody Townhomes. The suspects broke into five cars before they were caught.
A burglary occurred on Ledgewood Drive the other day. A back window was broken out with a baseball bat. A T.V. and misc. jewelry were taken.
An attempted burglary occurred on Kingsland Court. A neighbor watched two suspects trying to kick in the back door of the house. The neighbor yelled at the suspects and they fled. I would like to suggest that you call 911 and just keep an eye on them. You can update the 911 center as we are enroute. The suspects were H/M, 20-26 YOA, 5’7”-5’9” and between 155-170 LBS. They fled in a VW Jetta with their tag covered(not sure of the color).
Be safe and have a great week!!
Mike
Michael W. Carlson
Sergeant/PIO
Dunwoody Police Department