Good Evening Everyone,
I received a forwarded e-mail about some damage to property inside The Branches. There have been some individual(s) damaging holiday decorations at several locations. They are destroying lights, inflatable’s and several mailboxes throughout the neighborhood. Please report this immediately if you are a victim. There was a similar incident that occurred a couple weeks ago that was not far from the Branches. A neighbor saw two individuals damaging some decorations. The neighbor called the police and we were able to locate and identify them. I am not sure if these are related since these incidents were not reported.
We had numerous entering autos last week. Entry was made by smashing out the back and side windows. The locations were as follows: E. Madison Drive, Adams Road, Cherring Drive, Old Village Lane, The Marriott(Peachtree Center Pkwy), The Dunwoody Nature Center and the Exxon station(Ashford Dunwoody/Perimeter Center East). Please take all valuables out of your car and lock it! These thefts were crimes of opportunity. The suspect saw something he/she wanted and took it.
Please keep an eye out for your neighbors! If you see something suspicious, please call 911!
I have posted the Citizens Police Academy application on our website if anyone is interested.
I still have some Neighborhood Watch signs if your area needs an extra one!
Have a safe week!
Mike
Michael W. Carlson
Sergeant/PIO
Dunwoody Police Department