Ladies and Gentlemen,
Good morning and I hope everyone is having a good week. If you have been watching the news, you see that we have been busy. You all know that Halloween is this Saturday, so I have attached Officer Furman's October newsletter with some Halloween safety tips(you should already have received this). Please have a safe and fun weekend.
We had some incidents occur during this past week. There was a burglary on Winters Chapel Road. Entry was made around noon by prying open the front door. Several items were taken from the residence.
Another Burglary occurred at Dunwoody Crossing. He was caught by dayshift and was still in possession of the items taken. An attentive neighbor called police when the incident was taking place. They were able to possibly identify the suspect. Once again, the police and community working together. Excellent Job!
There were two entering autos at 400 Perimeter Center Place. The windows were smashed out and the usual items were taken(GPS & an IPOD).
Some of you may know that Chief Billy Grogan is the state director for the Special Olympics. Several officers, including the Chief and I, will be participating in the Polar Plunge this February 20th at the Lake Lanier Islands and Resorts. This is in support of the Special Olympics in 2010. If you are interested in participating or donating, I have attached a link for you to review.
Mike
Michael W. Carlson
Sergeant/PIO
Dunwoody Police Department