Tuesday, August 18, 2009

From the Dunwoody Police

I would like to pass on some good news.

We have received a lot of inquiries about the rash of burglaries that have been occurring throughout the city. I have been disseminating information since they have started, and our department has worked tirelessly to solve them.

One of our residents with neighborhood watch gave us a partial license plate of a black sport utility vehicle that was seen in the area. We passed this information on to our surrounding agencies since they were having similar burglaries. The Dekalb County Police Department stopped this suspect vehicle last week and detained the driver and passenger. They immediately informed our detective division and the suspects were questioned.

As of today, these two have been linked to one of the burglaries in the Dunwoody North area. Our detectives are still investigating the multiple crimes to see if they are connected with the others. They are currently detained at the Dekalb County Jail. They are still possibly looking for a third suspect.

I would like to express the importance of Neighborhood Watch and the effectiveness it has shown. This is only one example of the police and citizens working together to make our city safer. I would like to thank all of the coordinators and block captains for donating their time and effort towards this goal. We will continue to share information with all of you and keep you updated on our progress.

Please remain attentive of your surroundings and community. Do not become complacent because these two were captured. I feel this is a huge success, but we still need to watch out for each other.