Ladies Beware! I was at the BP Station on the corner of Chamblee Dunwoody and Mt Vernon when my purse was stolen right out of the passenger seat in my car. I was putting the nozzle in my tank, not even 1/2 a minute passed until I opened my car door to sit back inside while it filled up when one of my children said, very calmly, "Mom, someone just stole your purse". I looked up and sure enough, a light blue mini-van with Florida tags was peeling out of the parking lot onto Chamblee Dunwoody Road.
The scariest part of all, my three children in the car at the time. Lock your doors while pumping gas, especially if you have precious cargo inside.
Thankfully, [name removed] remained calm and didn't shout because quite frankly he was frightened, but I praised him for remaining calm. Something much worse might have happened. He said the person who stole it crouched way down, quietly opened the passenger side door and grabbed my purse, then made a run for it back to his car, where he said there were about 6 other passengers inside.
FYI, most places have security cameras. Unfortunately for me, they escaped detection, but for the next person who this happens to perhaps they won't.
BE SAFE